Hoyo Azul Eco Tour starting from 69USD!
Save money and time during your stay! This tour can be combined with 1 o more activities helping you saving a lot of money and time in transportation. Zipline, horseback, catamaran cruise are just few example! Discover all the deals regarding the DUAL PACK COMBO and the FULL DAY PACKAGE at ScapePark!
Yes it’s true! Hoyo Azul is without a doubt one of the best tour opportunities and popular places for visitors to Punta Cana and the natural beauty of this scenic lagoon has made it one of Dominican Republic’s top travel destinations.
The Hoyo Azul Eco Tour is truly a pleasant and unforgettable experience. After hotel pickup, head to Scape Park, located at the heart of Cap Cana, a luxurious residential and resort area 15 minutes away form Punta Cana International Airport.
When you arrive at the park, start your 2-hour nature tour by hiking along an ecological trail(around 1 mile) with your experienced guide, who will tell you about the native wildlife and plant life that make up this Dominican Republic ecosystem. The primary goals of the Hoyo Azul excursion’s staff is to offer an educational and eco friendly adventure to see the unique beauty that this area has to offer. You’ll see species of orchid, fern, bromeliad and cactus, stopping at each station of plants to get an up-close look. In the meanwhile professional photographers will take pictures of you. On the way you’ll have also the chance to rest few minutes and drink some water provided by the staff. Then finally you’ll arrive at Hoyo Azul, a cenote whose name means “Blue Hole”. This cenote is located at the base of a high cliff and the view is simply great! There are caves at the bottom and at it’s deepest point the water is tens of meters deep!
**Warning: You need to know how to swim! Otherwise it could be dangerous and the staff doesn’t take any responsibility.
This natural pool of crystal-clear blue water, which fills a sinkhole with steep limestone walls is the perfect place to cool off. Walk down the wooden staircase and hop in to enjoy a nice swim for about 45-50 minutes in the fresh and revitalizing waters. (They say one hour there makes you 5 years younger! ) You’ll probably find the water a bit cold, but feels refreshing after the hike. The photographic value of this experience is priceless, so be sure to bring both your swimwear and your cameras. Definitely a must see if you are in Punta Cana!
After hiking back to your starting point, your tour ends with return to Punta Cana for hotel drop-off.
Duration: 2 hours
This tour runs 3 times per day: 9am – 12pm – 3pm
Hoyo Azul Eco Tour with guide
Round Trip Transportation
Things to bring
Hoyo Azul Eco Tour
Adults 69USD, Children 41USD
DUAL PACK: Hoyo Azul + Ziplining
Adults 109USD, Children 65USD*
DUAL PACK: Hoyo Azul + Catamaran Booze Cruise
Adults 129USD, Children 85USD*
FULL DAY: Hoyo Azul + Ziplining + Catamaran Booze Cruise
Adults 150USD, Children 90USD**
* includes 1 meal between the 2 activities
** includes 2 meals between the 3 activities
• Participants must be 6 years of age or older.
• You cannot participate if you have ingested alcohol, strong medications, or controlled substances.
• Pregnant women are not allowed to join this activity.
• Anyone suffering from a heart condition, high blood pressure, respiratory problems, vertigo, asthma, epilepsy, claustrophobia, Parkinson´s, or any mental disability cannot join the tour.
• Any person whose age, physical, or mental condition presents a safety risk will not be allowed to participate.
- Hoyo Azul is about a mile from the start of the hike. Wear comfortable shoes, preferably water shoes, you need something sturdier than flip flops for the hike and something to protect your feet from the rocks in the shallow part of the hole.
- Try to go in the morning since the sun hits the water just the right way and the blue of the water really comes alive. Also with the high number of tourists visiting, the water becomes darker. The constant water agitation causes sediments at the bottom move and restrict the clear water view.
- This tour is usually really crowded because of its popularity and there is only a guide per group. In case you’re interested in learning more about the local wildlife during the hike try to stay as close as you can to the guide otherwise you won’t hear anything.
- Be prepared and bring a water bottle because the walking tour on the way although is not that long is usually very hot. Some water is offered by the staff on the way to the blue hole but it’s not on the way back.
- Scape Park is located in Cap Cana, an area a bit far away from most of the Punta Cana hotels so the transportation timing could be pretty long. You could spend till 6 hours from pick up till drop off spending less than an hour at the Blue Hole. For this reason I recommend to combine this tour with another activity like zipline or maybe a catamaran cruise to save money and time on your vacation. If you buy a dual pack a lunch “buffet style” is also included between the 2 activities.